Saturday, August 11, 2007

Bad News Benny

I'm sorry for the lack of posts as I have recently learned that I will need sugery on my elbow immediately. Mom noticed I had a limp and took me in to see the veterinarian and radiographs revealed my left ulna has stopped growing, while the left radius bone continues to grow and bow out.


Click on the image to see a larger version in a new window.

You can see the gap between the arm bones on the left arm is much wider than the right, and the end of the radius bone (the round ball) doesn't sit in the socket the way it should. The doctor said the right elbow is not as bad, but not ideal. The left needs surgery, and mom says I have to go.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. Until surgery, mom has me on a bit of a weight loss plan to keep my joints in tip-top shape. We ate the puppy food a little too long and I gained some weight because of it! It was yummy, though. Mom bought me a bag of Canidae and we are raw fed at night. Since learning about my joint issue, mom has bought lots of chicken feet for me! Chicken feet are a natural source of glucosamine and chondritin, and these will help my joints stay healthy. Dad bought me a life jacket so I can swim in the big pool and exercise without having impact on my joints.

Your limping friend,
Benny

6 comments:

MaPaw said...

Oh no Benny, I hope your surgery goes well. It sounds like your humans are doing all the right things to take care of you.
-Magnum

wally said...

Aw--poor little dude! I hope they fix you up quickly. I eat chicken feets for the same reason (well, I have arfritis). And also because they are tasty.

wally.

The Airechicks said...

Benny:

We got some Airezen on the way...

We say a little prayer too...

Thniking happy good thoughts for ya!

Unknown said...

Ooo too bad....you may want to consider some herbal formulas...have you ever gone that route? Chinese Medicine would say that your dog has a constitutional deficiency. It would be wise to get a formula that builds and protects bones and joints.

Anyway, check me out at www.pawhealer.com. Herbs work wonders on our sweet pooches. Very good for after surgery and healing.

Ive said this before, but I love your camera...what do you use?

The Roseville Area Corgi Play Group said...

We use a Sony Cybershot 4.1 megapixles, so, nothing fancy.

Anonymous said...

homosexuals cognizant element adcock uttering discretion tincture wasnt variable gendered theresa
lolikneri havaqatsu