Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bad to the Bone

Dear friends,
Benny had his surgery today. The doctor preformed an ostectomy on Benny's left ulna and took a bit of fat from his waist and put it into the surgical site to keep the gap in his arm from healing too quickly.


Click on the image to see a larger picture.

Mom had to leave Benny at the hospital this evening, but she really didn't want to. Although, she said if anything were to happen, the hospital is too far away to get to in an emergency. Doctor's orders: Benny has to stay.

Mom said when she was leaving Benny was still a little groggy from the anesthesia. The technicians made him a nice fluid bag with lidocane and ketamine, and he will be getting hydromorphone every 4 to 6 hours. Mom says he shouldn't feel too much pain then, even though bone surgery is some of the most painful to have.

Jake and I have been waiting at home all day for news on Benny. We can't wait until he gets home! Plus, Dad is away on work so we're missing him, too.

Keep Benny in your thoughts. We are!

Your handsome Corgi friend,
Bear

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Benny - we are definitely thinking of you!

River

MaPaw said...

I hope you feel better soon, Benny.
-Magnum

Johann The Dog said...

Wow that tuff! Get well soon, we be thinking about you!

Johann

The Beasts- Royal, Brock & Alki said...

woo-woo benny & bear, my name is Royal. just wanted to stop by and say hi! you look like 2 fun corgis, some of my best buds are corgis. I hope you feel better soon benny!

*Royal*

wally said...

Hey Benny--We're thinking about you. I hope the surgery went well and you are healing quickly.

wall.

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

We are so glad you are doing ok, Benny!
~Dixie and Gracie~

ChaChi Lu said...

Hope you are feeling good really really soon!

~ ChaChi Lu and Jet

the Corgi Girls said...

We tagged you guys! Come check out our blog...

Corgi kisses to our best corgi pals...
M & I

Anonymous said...

I just ran across your blog Benny and Bear. Hope Benny is fully recovered from his surgery by now. I enjoyed reading about your exploits.

Sophie Brador said...

Woah! You guys are totally cool. How have I been missing you all this time?

I have xrays too. I think I'm a bit better looking in real life, but the xrays are pretty cool.

Hope Benny recovers nicely.

xo
SB

Sam Tsang said...

How is he doing now? keep us updated!

Lee Harrington said...
This comment has been removed by the author.